Do It Yourself Plumbing
Any plumbing problems that arise can be dealt with by a professional plumbing company, no matter how big or small. However for small plumbing tasks you may want to do it yourself to save money. If so, we are happy to provide you with advice free of charge.
Just call us on 0417 842 221 and we will answer any questions you may have.
Do it yourself plumbing: What you need to know before you get started
- Do it yourself plumbing can be time consuming, especially if it's a task you're not used to doing. This is not to talk you out of it of course, but if you lead a busy lifestyle it would be best to enlist a company to do your work for you.
- Do it yourself plumbing can save you dollars, which can sometimes number in the thousands
- Do it yourself plumbing is a good learning experience
Do it yourself plumbing safety techniques
When doing plumbing yourself you must be warned that it is dangerous. Many tasks are illegal to do alone and must be undertaken by a licensed professional. The consequences of illegal or amateur do it yourself plumbing can range from deadly to disastrous. There are heavy fines in store for those who ignore laws, and insurance companies won't pay out if a disaster occurs with do it yourself plumbing. Be careful!
Having said that, there are a few safety measure we recommend you take with do it yourself plumbing:
- First of all, make sure you wear gloves to protect your hands. This will help prevent injuries by preventing your hands from coming into contact with dangerous materials and chemicals.
- When doing a task that may potentially damage your eyes, make sure you wear safety glasses. Such tasks can include drilling, snaking a drain and working underneath a sink.
- When doing a task that requires sawing or sanding, make sure you wear a face mask to prevent inhaling dust particles
- In the case of a gas leak, make sure you turn off all gas appliances, turn the gas off at the meter if you know how, and open all your doors and windows to limit the amount of gas being inhaled. It is also a good idea to extinguish any potential fire hazards such as cigarettes. Remember: you are not allowed by law to fix up a gas leak by yourself, it must be done by a professional
- Be careful when working with electrical devices, and disconnect the dive from its electrical source before you begin work. It may be better to get professionals in to help when working on electrical devises.
Do it yourself plumbing is a good way to save money. But if you want to do anything yourself, just remember that it is dangerous and it is good to speak to a professional beforehand. Laws vary from state to state as to what plumbing tasks you can legally undertake.
If you call us on 0417 842 221 we will be happy to warn you of all the dangers and of what you can and can't do.
© Copyright 2013 Permanent Plumbing Solutions. All rights reserved Terms